The winter Early Booking Bonus is here, but only until Sept 9, 2018!
Puerto Plata with our Winter EBB
SAVE $200 per adult
SAVE $100 per child
When you purchase during the Early Booking Bonus Period of July 4, -Sept 9, 2018.
PLUS 8 FREE DAYS OF AIRPORT PARKING*
Unspoiled. Underrated. Unforgettable.
Pure Caribbean silver on a tin budget
Still showcasing a lush, untouched Caribbean cache that’s increasingly rare, Puerto Plata delivers stunning tours through untamed rain forests as easily as it does every luxury you’d expect from a resort island. The result? You’ll feel like you splurged on an extravagant tropical escape…but your bank account won’t.
- Gourmet and eateries boasting international food
- Top-shelf accommodations and spas
- Some of the finest golfing in the Caribbean
After hours power moves
Merrymakers stay out as long as the stars do in the Dominican, often tumbling out into its moonlit streets and sands until sun up. You’ll find no shortage of cocktail lounges, karaoke bars and nightclubs when you venture out to explore inland or seaside after dusk — though most resorts are equipped with multiple in-house bars and discos — enough to satisfy everybody’s inner dance hall hero.
Natural wonders, high and low
Sprawling, powdery sands sandwiched between thick floral forest fringes and aquamarine seascapes aside, espically electrifying natural wonders abound in and around Puerto Plata.
Go exploring and experience:
- Cool pine forests on the peak of Pico Duarte, the Caribbean’s tallest mountain
- 27 waterfalls, welcoming water pools and natural slides of Damajagua
- Tropical tree canopies viewed from the only funicular in the Caribbean at Parque Nacional Isabel de Torres, home of the famous “Christ the Redeemer” statue
- Daily departures into squirrel monkey territory for furry feeding frenzies and jaw-dropping zip lining adventures
- 15 kilometres of breathtaking beach — Playa Dorado, Playa Cano Grande, Costa Dorada, Long Beach, Costa Rica Beach — they’re all in Puerto Plata
The history of human life itself
The cultural landmark that is La Isabela on the eastern beaches of Puerto Plata cannot be overstated — it’s home to the first European settlement in the Americas, after neighbouring Haiti’s La Navidad. This is where the New World began.
Of course, the enduring marks of the First Nations still linger. Housing the largest collection of cave drawings scrawled by the Caribbean’s early Taíno people, the Cave of Wonders in the south of the island is a must visit for historical culture junkies. Almost sacred historical spaces are found tucked away by time all over the Dominican Republic.
Furious family fun and awesome athletic adventure
Nestled into the sunny, sandy, and oceanic fixtures of the Caribbean are high-adrenaline hot spots that promise nothing but fast tracks to family fun for everyone. World-class kite surfing in nearby Cabarete, a day of splash play at Ocean World Adventure Park or basking in the mesmerizing, golden glow of fossilized resin at the Amber Museum — everybody’s perfect vay-kay day is in Puerto Plata. Annual music and sand castle festivals, snorkelling and surf lessons: it’s all here. Did we mention the squirrel monkeys?